Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chaler Payesh



I always have a sweet corner for sweets.I used to devour sweets whenever I got the chance.I remember those days from school I used to study at night and my mom always kept sweets loaded in the fridge.My way of taking a break from my study was to get hold some sweets and have them.

Serves:4

Ingredients:Sweet smelling rice:100 gms
Milk:1 kg
Sugar:150 gms
Ghee:1 teaspoon
Cashew nuts:10 gms
Raisins:10 gms
Green Cardamom:3 or 4
Almonds:5 or 6
Bay leaf:1 or 2

Preparation:Boil the milk in very low flame, and let it condense till it become 3/4 its original volume.Meanwhile,add ghee to rice and mix well.Drop in the rice when the milk is ready,and now cook on high flame,stirring often.As the rice gets cooked add sugar,green cardamom,bay leaf.Keep on flame till the sugar melts.Throw in the cashew nuts and raisins.Serve hot refrigerate as u like it.Garnish with raisins,almonds,cashew nuts or any other dry fruits of your choice.

2 comments:

  1. i love Payesh very very veryyyyyyy much!!! specially when it is cooked by my mother.

    ReplyDelete